Vat Savitri Puja - For a long and healthy life of her husband!
Story of the Painting
This painting shows 3 beautifully adorned young women, worshipping banyan tree or 'Vat Vriksha' on the occasion of 'Vat Savitri' puja.
Banyan tree stands symbolic of longevity and spiritual permanence in Hinduism. And according to another Puranic story, Savitri is revered as an ideal Hindu woman who followed Yama, the God of Death, and with her determination and intelligence got her husband back to life.
So to this day in India, every year women keep fast on this day and perform 'Vat Savitri' puja and pray for the long and healthy lives of their husband. As per custom, married women bring along water and pour it on the tree and tie red thread around the tree while going around it.
This festival gets even more special for newlywed women and is celebrated with a lot of fervour as they pray for their husband's long and prosperous life and seek blessings to have children.
- This painting is a beautiful portrayal of our rich tradition in bright colors, which will surely add charm and bring life into any space.
- This Aesthetic and Beautiful Painting is drool-worthy as Wall Art, and will also be appreciated as a Unique and and Priceless gift, especially on a wedding!
* The finer the art work is, the more value it adds to the paintings.
Be mindful of what you buy.
- Sustainable Shipping: We charge a minimal Rs. 80 for all packages with order amount less than Rs. 1000.
- Conscious Packaging: Our Products are handmade by Artisans, with care and affection. We hand-pack and ship each product with utmost care to avoid any damage.
- Mind the returns: We check each individual Item before shipping to you. So, Returns are considered only when video proof of unpacking is provided in case of damaged item.