Lord Jagannath | Hand-painted Pattachitra
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
+ Use WELCOME5 to get 5% OFF on your first order
+ Use thanks10 and avail 10% OFF, for returning customers
- Shipping worldwide
- Payments accepted only in INR
- For any help, call/ Whatsapp us on +91 95130 59900
Lord Jagannath - Worshipped as 'The Lord of The Universe' in India, and across the globe!
Lord Jagannath is an abstract representation of Shri Krishna, the eight avatar of Lord Vishnu. And Shri Jagannath-dham Puri is considered as the eternal abode of Lord Krishna with His brother Balabhadra and His sister Subhadra. This is the only temple where Lord Krishna is worshipped with His siblings.
This painting is an auspicious Pattachitra made by an authentic artist from Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It depicts the beautiful and unique idols of Lord Jagannath in black colored face, Lord Balabhadra in white and Devi Subhadra in yellow colored face. The icons of the sanctum are very unusual as they are incomplete wooden carvings, which is very distinct from how other Hindu deities are traditionally made perfect. And the same idols are made as a beautiful illustration in this piece of art.
Lord Jagannath is the most compassionate and generous God for His devotees and thus the most beloved! Every year, there is a Rath Yatra procession in the city of Puri attended by lakhs of devotees, wherein Lord Jagannath is brought outside the temple with His siblings on chariot, which is then pulled by His devotees all along the Yatra. Similar festivities are celebrated by His countless devotees around the world.
- This painting or chitra is painted on a silk cloth, which lends durability and gives longevity to the painting.
- It is a beautiful handmade artwork by an authentic artist of Odisha.
- The Indian states of West Bengal and Odisha have their own style of painting Pattachitras & differ in their use of motifs and each style has been accorded Geographical Indication Tag by the Govt. of India.
* The finer the artwork is, the more value it adds to the painting.