'Tree of Life' is one of the most esoteric symbols that's been around for ages, and found in nearly every culture.
On one hand, it symbolises how all the creation emerged by God's energy substantiated and diversified into the whole of the universe, and thus connecting every physical bit with the godhead. And at the same time, it serves as the constant reminder to the humans to rise up through the tree to tread the path that enlightens and purifies us.
Story of the Painting
This beautiful 'tree of life' motif is painted in Saura Art Form. It depicts a dense tree with thick branches in green color on natural Tussar silk fabric. There are small white & red flowers blooming all over the tree and birds flying above in the background add more beauty to this handmade painting. This elegant and detailed piece of artwork with a floral arch border on top, is done by a very skilled Pattachitra/Saura artist. Saura tribals regard every aspect of nature as being alive and home to a spirit that has to be propitiated. And thus Saura paintings are inspired by their traditional folklore and they worship them even today during special religious and cultural occasions.
However, this tree of life painting stands symbolic of growth, strength, individuality, stability and beauty for all; and gives a sense of hope, peace and calm in this chaotic and noise filled surroundings.
- In some religious philosophies, tree of life is considered as a cosmic tree that symbolises immortality and rebirth.
- In some other cultures, tree of life is symbolic to fertility and life.
- And irrespective of our belief system, trees are symbolic of growth, strength, individuality, stability and beauty; and give a sense of hope, peace and calm.
- There are various tree of life in different cultures and regions.
- In Buddhism, it is the fig tree which is known as the Tree of Enlightenment as it is said that Buddha attained enlightenment under this tree.
- In Hinduism, Puranas mention a divine tree Kalpavriksha that grants different types of wishes, when it is pleased with chanting and offerings.
- This is a beautiful wall art to add to your living area and be soaked up in its mesmerizing natural beauty.
- It is a detailed handmade art work by authentic artist of Orissa.
- The Indian states of Orissa and Maharashtra have their own style of tribal painting Patta & differ in their use of motifs and each style has been accorded Geographical Indicator Tag by the Govt. of India.
* The finer the art work is, the more value it adds to the paintings.
Be mindful of what you buy.
- Sustainable Shipping: We charge a minimal Rs. 80 for all packages with order amount less than Rs. 1000.
- Conscious Packaging: Our Products are handmade by Artisans, with care and affection. We hand-pack and ship each product with utmost care to avoid any damage.
- Mind the returns: We check each individual Item before shipping to you. So, Returns are considered only when video proof of unpacking is provided in case of damaged item.