Mesmerizing Summer Festival Celebration!
Story of the Painting
This beautiful, colorful and fascinating Saura Art showcases the vibrant Summer festival celebration in parts of Odisha to promote their culture. The main symbolic theme of this painting is a fish and a conch and the celebratory dance, which signifies joy, cheerfulness and prosperity.
This painting is a detailed illustration of the village life of Saura tribals, and depicts the various facets of their life events. Events that are shown in this painting include wedding procession as we call it baraat and bride's farewell procession or doli, along with a lot of gifts and food back home. It also showcases the normal village homes and people engaged in their daily activities like, women fetching water, men bringing food home, animals taken outdoor for grazing and few other men offering animal sacrifices to their deities. All these activities keep the village active and prosperous. Animals like horses, elephants, goats, monkeys, etc. are also shown in the painting around houses and trees, that are very much the integral part of the village life.
Fishes, as in every culture denotes fertility and procreation, prosperity and good luck. And a conch symbolises auspiciousness, peace, harmony and brings prosperity and wealth in the house. Both the fish and conch are painted in the clean sea water, embedded with beautiful village folks, and symbolise celebration and joy.
There is a lovely traditional Odisha dance shown in the centre of the painting, as part of summer festival to celebrate their culture and tradition.
- This is a beautiful wall art to add to your living area and be soaked up in its mesmerizing natural beauty.
- It is a detailed handmade art work by authentic artist of Orissa.
- The Indian states of Orissa and Maharashtra have their own style of tribal painting & differ in their use of motifs and each style has been accorded Geographical Indicator Tag by the Govt. of India.
* The finer the art work is, the more value it adds to the paintings.
Be mindful of what you buy.
- Sustainable Shipping: We charge a minimal Rs. 80 for all packages with order amount less than Rs. 1000.
- Conscious Packaging: Our Products are handmade by Artisans, with care and affection. We hand-pack and ship each product with utmost care to avoid any damage.
- Mind the returns: We check each individual Item before shipping to you. So, Returns are considered only when video proof of unpacking is provided in case of damaged item.