This story is from Bhagavatam about Rasa leela - a dance Krishna performed with Radha and other gopikas.
Gopikas were always filled with prema and bhakti as their expression of devotion to the Lord and considered Him as their companion and the most precious treasure. Sage Narada considered the devotion of gopikas as Supreme Devotion to the Lord.
Story of the Painting
Rasa means 'aesthetics','nectar', 'emotion' or 'sweet taste' and leela means 'act', 'play' or 'dance', which translates to 'a play of sweet love'. Rasa leela is a story about Krishna dancing with Radha and other gopikas.
The gopikas or the cowherd maidens of Gokulam were saturated with the sweetness of Divine Love and did not seek liberation or higher knowledge. The ecstasy and the Supreme bliss they derived from merely seeking Krishna, they did not get from any other source. Unmindful of the world, upon hearing the sound of Krishna's flute, they sneak away from their households and families to the forest to dance with their Lord which was like a plunge in the Ocean of Bliss.
Krishna simultaneously danced with each one of the Gopikas as a proof of His all-pervasive presence in the universe.
The Bhagavatam itself explicitly says that Krishna left Brindavan when he was just 11 years old. But, it is ignored, because the minds of the people want to see sensuality in Rasa leela and are vitiated by the Attachment to sense objects.
- This painting or chitra has been painted on a pure Tussar Silk cloth, which lends durability and gives longevity to the painting.
- It is a detailed handmade art work by authentic artist of Orissa.
- The Indian states of West Bengal and Orissa have their own style painting Pattachitras & differ in their use of motifs and each style has been accorded Geographical Indicator Tag by the Govt. of India.
* The finer the art work is, the more value it adds to the paintings.
Be mindful of what you buy.
- Sustainable Shipping: We charge a minimal Rs. 80 for all packages with order amount less than Rs. 1000.
- Conscious Packaging: Our Products are handmade by Artisans, with care and affection. We hand-pack and ship each product with utmost care to avoid any damage.
- Mind the returns: We check each individual Item before shipping to you. So, Returns are considered only when video proof of unpacking is provided in case of damaged item.