Ethnic Woollen Poncho from Kashmir
This lovely Poncho from Kashmir is a perfect woollen wrap to warm you up in this winter. It has beautiful multicolored deep floral vine on the neck, embroidered in the popular Kashmiri Aari work.
- The ponchos can be easily worn over any regular clothing to give an extra layer of warmth in chill winters.
- This is a free size poncho and is well-suited for all age groups.
- Can be perfectly styled with a pair of trouser or jeans to get a voguish look.
- A simple piece of ethnic fashion.
About Aari Embroidery
India has a rich tradition of embroidery, practised over centuries. The style and design of embroidery varies across regions and the type of fabric used.
In India, aari embroidery is mainly practiced in Kashmir and Kutch (Gujarat). It is done on a stretched cloth spread on a frame and a pen like needle with a hook on one side, is used to create loops one after the other that gives an imprint of chain stitches. Aari work is also embellished with beads and sequins that adds richness to the fabric.
Kashmiri aari work is inspired by the rich culture and the scenic beauty of the region, and owes its traces to the 12th century during Mughal era. The delicate and finely embroidered motifs resemble the local flora and fauna of Kashmir. Aari embroidery is a tedious work that involve long hours of craftsmanship. Although nowadays more sophisticated manual stitching machines have been designed that has reduced the time required to finish the product.
Aari embroidery is now no more limited to traditional woollen wears, but beautiful silk sarees, stoles and home furnishing like bed covers, curtains, cushion covers, etc. are getting popular in contemporary homes. A variety of fabrics from silk to velvet, and more sophisticated embellishments are being experimented by artisans that are more sustainable, durable and appealing to the urban and international market.
Dry Clean Only. As the product is made with natural wool fibre, so in order to maintain the elegance of the fabric, dry cleaning is recommended.
Steam iron is recommended.
Do not bleach or scrub the fabric.
For long-term storage, ensure the product is clean & moth repellant is used. But do not place the moth repellant directly on the fabric.
Be mindful of what you buy.
- Sustainable Shipping: We charge a minimal Rs. 80 for all packages with order amount less than Rs. 1000.
- Conscious Packaging: Our Products are handmade by Artisans, with care and affection. We hand-pack and ship each product with utmost care to avoid any damage.
- Mind the returns: We check each individual Item before shipping to you. So, Returns are considered only when video proof of unpacking is provided in case of damaged item.