Indigenous, Organic & Non-toxic
This impressive, handcrafted and well-selected piece of pottery is made from the serpentinite stone and indigenous brown clay found only in Longpi village in Manipur.
Longpi pottery is one unique art where the potters do not use the potter's wheel. Instead the potters shape it by hands using a paste made by combining ground black serpentine stone and special brown clay. These are then polished and sun-dried before being heated in a bonfire. The heated earthen pots are again polished with a special tree leaf, locally called Chiron ni, which gives them their recognized black color.
- Completely handcrafted, biodegradable & chemical-free.
- The handle is covered with a fine cane lace.
- This mug isn't microwave safe due to the cane lace on its handle.
- Otherwise Longpi pottery are microwave safe.
- As this product is handmade there might be a slight color, shape or design variation, which is natural and hence makes the product unique.
*Handle with Love & Care :)
Be mindful of what you buy.
- Sustainable Shipping: We charge a minimal Rs. 80 for all packages with order amount less than Rs. 1000.
- Conscious Packaging: Our Products are handmade by Artisans, with care and affection. We hand-pack and ship each product with utmost care to avoid any damage.
- Mind the returns: We check each individual Item before shipping to you. So, Returns are considered only when video proof of unpacking is provided in case of damaged item.